Category: Blast Protection
I-Flex® H (Innegra S®) unidirectional fabric boasts ballistic performance with the advantage of a more affordable price compared to alternative high performance materials.
It is lightweight, tough and resists moisture and the elements.
It can easily be substituted in current production projects possessing no shelf life problems, a fast cycle time, plus it is easier to cut and handle. I-Flex® H (Innegra S®) impact attenuation provides an affordable solution to protect against ballistic events. I-Flex® H (Innegra S®) has unique surface features that gives it superior grip, both in fabrics and in composites.
It also contains approximately 7-10% void volume, making it the lightest high performance fiber available.
• Excellent Performance in Hybrid Composites with Aramids
• Excellent Impact Energy Absorption
• More Economical Compared to Aramid or UHMPE
• Chemically Inert and Hydrolytically Stable
• Exceptional Dielectric Properties
• In combination with T-Flex SH, I-Flex can be used as much as 25%
without a drop off in ballistic performance.
• Low molding temperature
• Military & Law Enforcement Hard Armour
• Military & Law Enforcement Helmets
• Vehicle, Aircraft and Marine Armour Systems
• Composites including wind, automotive and aerospace structures
• Sporting Goods
• Transportation Panel
Standard Widths 1219mm
Metres per Roll 274
Weight 5.75 oz/sq yd
Filaments per Tow
Breaking Strength 16.5lbf/7.5 kgf 16.5 7.5
Elongation at Break* (%) 7.00%
Max. Processing/use temp. 150°C/302 °F
Recommended Processing Temperature 129ºC/265ºF
Recommended Processing Pressure 150-1000 PSI
Fiber Content Innegrity’s Innegra S 940 denier
When combined with T-Flex or K-Flex aramid fabrics, soft panels containing Innegra S fiber performed as well as those made with all aramid fiber at a significantly lower cost.